The 11th Circum-Pan-Pacific Symposium on High Energy Spin Physics, PacificSpin2019, will take place during August 27-30, 2019. The Symposium venue is Miyazaki in Kyushu island in Japan. The symposium starts in the morning of August 27 and ends around 13:00 on August 30.
- 2019/7/17 ANA Holiday inn Resort Miyazaki has started accepting reservations by sending excel file in English.
- 2019/06/11 2nd Circular released.
- 2019/06/04 Indico for the symposium is open
- 2019/05/27 Poster of PacificSpin2019 is made
- 2019/04/25 1st Circular released.
- Deadline for registration with a registration fee of 25.000 Yen is - July 31, 2019
- abstract submission for contributed talks was close on June 27, 2019
- Symposium - August 27-30, 2019
This Symposium aims to enhance communications among physicists from the Circum-Pan-Pacific region and other regions. Participation of young physicists in this Symposium is strongly encouraged. Symposia in this series took place in Taipei(2015), Ji'nan(2013), Cairns(2011), Yamagata (2009), Vancouver (2007), Tokyo(2005), Washington(2003), Beijing(2001), Wako(1999), and Kobe (1996)
Topics of the symposium
The topics of the symposium include:
- Transverse and longitudinal spin structure of the nucleon
- Polarized parton distribution functions and fragmentation functions
- Transverse momentum dependent distributions
- Generalized parton distributions and form factors
- Recent progress in spin experiments in deep inelastic scattering, p-p collisions, Drell-Yan process etc.
- Spin in hard QCD processes
- Spin structure of the nucleon in Lattice QCD and effective QCD models
- New ideas, methods and future facilities
Spin is a basic property of elementary particles. Discoveries concerning Spin often trigger physicists to open a new chapter of physics. The spin structure of the nucleon has extensively been studied, in particular in the last 30 years since EMC’s result was released. The transverse structure and 3-dimensional picture of the nucleon spin are now being investigated. These provide important tests of QCD and help our understanding of QCD. Those subjects will be discussed in details.
Pacific Spin 2019 will consist of invited talks and talks selected from contributed papers. All talks will be presented in plenary sessions. There will be a 30-min discussion session each day. The deadline for abstract submission for contributed talks is June 27, 2019. Please note that those who have submitted abstracts and have been selected to oral presentations can do registration with a reduced registration fee until July 31, 2019.
The registration fee can only be paid in cash in Yen, upon arrival at the registration desk on August 27, 2019, as described in the 2nd Circular.
The symposium takes place in the conference room of the hotel ‘ANA Holiday Inn Resort Miyazaki’. Miyazaki is located in the southern island of Japan, Kyusyu. The hotel is on a nice beach facing the Pacific Ocean. Participants can enjoy summer activities at the sea around noon beteween the morning and afternoon sessions of the symposium. The hotel is at 15 minute car ride from Miyazaki airport. There are also many historical spots to see in Miyazaki.
- E-mail address: email@example.com